Tuesday 23 July 2013

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH OUR ARTIST OF THE WEEK “KETCHUP

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH OUR ARTIST OF THE WEEK “KETCHUP



AmFreshEnt :Tell us about u?

Ketchup :My name is Emmanuel Nkemjika Onyido, I am from Nnewi South, Anambra State.  I schooled at St. Leos and Chrisland Primary School, then I attended Federal Government College Ijanikin after which I went to Obafemi Awolowo University Ile Ife for a diploma programme. Then I went to Atlantic College, KL Malaysia where I  studied Mass Communications.

AmFreshEnt :When did you start your music career?

Ketchup :Music started for me in 2010. Prior to this, I was a dancer in Federal Government College Ijanikin, then I went on to be a hype man in Malaysia,  Then one day a friend took me to the studio, and after seeing all that he did, He said to me, you know you can do it right? I gave it a try, so the original Nuvo was birthed

AmFreshEnt: Your song "show me Yuh Rozay" was a super hit,Did u expect so much?

Ketchup: To be sincere, I didn’t expect this kind of acceptance, and that is why I keep shouting out to the Djs.  EmmyACE came up with the concept and I thought to myself: People love the good life and then after recording the song,  I went back and forth with my team on it before the release of the song because they were concerned that people will begin to look at me like an alcoholic


AmFreshEnt:Is "Show me Yuh Rozay' ur only single?

Ketchup :No, I have Pay Ass You go and Coco Banana featuring Banky W… I released them on June 11

AmFreshEnt :When is your album dropping?



Ketchup: I am a product, and if the product is not desired, there is no need forcing it on people, but My team has given me till April 2014 to get an album to them, so every day, I am working with EmmyAce in the studio


AmFreshEnt: We love the way you move on stage, how did you come up with that?

Ketchup: I am a dancer, every day  I rehearse with my hype man and dancers, we are open to suggestions



AmFreshEnt: What's ur style of music called?

Ketchup:It is the same Afropop with a Jamaican feel

AmFreshEnt: Tell us something Nobody knows about you?

Ketchup: I love Yam.


AmFreshEnt:Who are your role models?

Ketchup: 2face and Dbanj


AmFreshEnt:For your Fans&upcoming artists,what do u have to say to them?

Ketchup: The sky is your starting point. Never give up


Thanks for you time Mr Ketchup&Godbless

DOWNLOAD KETCHUP'S JAMZ : SHOW ME YUH ROZAY 

COCO BANANA FT BANKY W and PAY AS YOU GO

 PLS VOTE KETCHUP (Mr Show Me Yuh RozAy) FOR BEST NEW ACT AT THE NEA AWARDS ---> http://t.co/mTqIRlPPsP

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment here